Accountant / Finance Manager
- Job Reference: 11047
- Date Posted: 7 March 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicestershire
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful growing manufacturing business with exciting plans for future growth are looking to appoint an Account or Finance Manager to their small friendly team.
The position includes full responsibility for the accounts and administration function reporting to the Directors.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for preparation of the accounts to trial balance.
- Preparing and processing sales invoices
- Analysing and processing purchase invoices
- Managing bank payments and receipts and reconciling bank account
- Preparation of monthly sales figures
- Maintain the companies cost file with up to date prices
- Managing the company's insurance cover
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets register.
- Preparation & posting of journal entries.
- Calculating and reconciling monthly prepayments and accruals
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns
- Managing annual audits with company auditors
- Credit Control and cash collection
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Providing cover for colleagues as and when necessary.
- Assisting the Directors with budget preparation & management reporting.
- Preparing monthly payroll, PAYE and Pension.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Excellent MS Office skills, and advanced Excel skills.
- Sage Line 50 experience required
- Self-starter and to work without direction
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible, adaptable & proactive approach to work.
- Always looking for process efficiencies.
To be considered for this role, please apply asap with your CV or alternatively give Simon at Paul Mitchell Associates a call for a confidential conversation.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.