- Job Reference: 10170
- Date Posted: 31 August 2017
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Daventry
- Salary: £22,000 to £26,000
- Bonus/Benefits: + Additional Benefits
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: n/a
- Work Hours: Full Time
Senior Accounts Assistant
Post: Senior Accounts Assistant - Structures, Eco, Energy, Fleet & support for Head of Finance for the Group
Responsible To: Head of Finance
To ensure all relevant postings are made within Iris, culminating in the production of the monthly Management accounts for each company, by working day 4. This includes the production of a Balance Sheet reconciliation file ensuring all accounts are fully reconciled. This role liaises closely with all other members of finance.
* Ensure cash book is posted correctly for month's transactions.
* Ensure payroll is posted accurately.
* All purchase invoices are posted accurately and timely, with supplier reconciliations performed.
* Prepare payment runs within Bankline, ready for authorization by Head of Finance.
* Produce regular and ad hoc product reports.
* Produce Sales/product/profit report prepared for MD.
* Project costing report prepared for Structures Management team.
* Ensure that all month end journals are done correctly and posted within Iris.
* Management account pack is prepared accurately and on time, and reflects Iris numbers.
* A full 'working papers' file is produced with full back up, ensuring all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled.
* All intercompany balances agree at month end.
* Fleet management - new car orders submitted in good time, organise delivery and collections, mileage and condition reports to predict (and minimise excess mileage charges).
* Annual audit information provision + assistance with auditor's sample testing.
* Support Head of Finance with P11D's, Corporation Tax, VAT Returns & Commissions.
* Provide holiday cover for other members of the team.
* The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive; post holders are expected to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with needs of the post, department and the needs of the company.
Senior Accounts Assistant
* CIMA or ACA (part completed or completed)
* GCSE Grade C and above or equivalent in Maths and English
* Accounting qualification desirable and/or currently studying
* Relevant experience in an office environment or similar where relationship management is paramount
* An understanding of business requirements
* Working to deadlines
* Excellent communication with a variety of people, working with all levels of our business
* Experience of budget setting, monitoring and control
* Experience of implementing and maintaining quality systems
* Experience of developing and implementing strategies to meet business needs
* Experience of working within accounts or be willing to work towards an accounting qualification
* IT understanding
* Understanding the fundamentals of how accounts are to be produced, and bring to Trial Balance stage
* Knowledge of the regulatory framework
* Understanding of issues and the delivery of goods both internally and direct
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to develop systems and processes to manage and deliver required objectives
* Ability to contribute to, monitor and control budgets
* Able to effective manage resources to achieve business objectives
* High level analytical with an ability to deliver creative solutions.
* Ability to build relationships; communicate and negotiate effectively, work under pressure, multi task and maintain high level of attention to detail
* Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
* Able to use a PC including Microsoft Office applications, IRIS accounting package and in-house database.
Essential Car User
* This role does not require the post holder to be an Essential Car User, hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle