- Job Reference: 10895
- Date Posted: 16 November 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicestershire
- Salary: £18,000 to £22,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: 12 months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Accounts Assistant. Our client, a Financial Services company based in Leicester has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their organisation on a 12 month contract with a possible view to permanent.
The Accounts Assistant is an integral part of the Finance team, assisting the General Ledger Analyst in maintaining a robust financial control environment and delivering accurate, timely financial information to the wider business.
* Post journals and produce daily MI reports for circulation to the business
* Assist with monthly management accounts for 2 entities
* Produce daily cash balances report
* Process purchase invoices using our invoice management system
* Assist with the production of periodic balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis
* Deputise for the General Ledger Analyst, as required.
Ideally you will have experience of the following;
* Working in a busy, progressive and tightly managed accounting department/office
* Having to prioritise own workload in order to meet strict deadlines
* Delivering positive stakeholder outcomes and working to agreed service levels
* Working with computerised accounting systems (e.g. Sage 50, Access Dimensions) at transactional level - sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger (accruals, prepayments and journals) to trial balance
* A formal accountancy qualification is not essential although the candidate should be able to demonstrate previous experience at an appropriate level
* Highly organised with the ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and manage time effectively
* Have a methodical and meticulous approach to tasks
* Ability to communicate clearly at all levels in the organisation
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office products
In return, my client offers an exceptional working environment with a rapidly growing organisation. For further information, please contact us on 0116 2549404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.