- Job Reference: 10380
- Date Posted: 11 January 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Lutterworth
- Salary: £24,000 to £30,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful firm based in Leicestershire a leader in their field are looking to appoint an experienced Accounts Manager to their small friendly team.
The Directors are entrepreneurial and innovative, the company operates as a strong commercial team with this award winning progressive company looking to employ the best candidates in their field.
The accounts department comprises of 2 full-time people, who between them manage the entire accounts functions of the company.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a small accounts department, producing year end accounts for Limited companies, and partnerships and sole traders, up to trial balance, including all year end adjustments. The Accounts Manager role will also include the development of the Accounts Assistant. so both positions will be able to cover for each other as much as possible at times of annual leave or sickness absence.
- Full responsibility for company accounts
- Producing monthly management accounts
- Complete year end accounts including all year-end adjustments prior to external accountant sign off
- Maintaining mutliple bank accounts
- Regular Invoicing including collection
- Monthly statement and regular reporting
- Year end accounts for various Limited companies
- VAT returns calculation and submission
- Dealing with all related Recharges
- Processing and payment of supplier invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Communicating via the telephone, email and by letter
- Well organised and highly efficient time management skills
- Extensive use of Excel plus competence in the use of Microsoft Office, mainly Outlook and Word
- Ability to work on their own initiative without direct supervision
- General housekeeping of client files, filing, archiving, in accordance with the current filing system, both on the server, and the physical files
- All general office duties. All staff work as a team which does include answering the phone, greeting visitors, dealing with correspondence (incoming and outgoing), making appointments etc. This is a small office and all staff are expected to show a willingness to help out as and when help is needed.
This role is being recruited for on a Full time permanent basis.
The working week is Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:30 with one hour lunch