- Job Reference: 10739
- Date Posted: 7 August 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client, based in Leicester City Centre, is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Accountant will be a key member of the Finance Department and be responsible for several key areas of the finance function, including monitoring the costings and investigating variances, supervision of the general ledger functions and the maintenance of internal accounting systems and processes.
* Actual cost analysis & investigate differences
* Raise debit notes to customers / suppliers
* Petty Cash management
* Supervision of finance team assisting the Financial Controller
* Control account reconciliations
* Fixed Asset Management
* Maintenance of the General Ledger including General Ledger journal preparation and entry
* Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
* Assist with completion of the financial month end, assist team where necessary
* Ad-hoc monthly / weekly reporting
* Query resolution
* Ad-hoc financial duties / projects as required
Key Requirements - Skills / Experience
* Studying AAT or AAT Qualified - Desired
* Costing experience - Desired
* IT skills - Intermediate / Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Required - Pivot Charts, Pivot Tables.
- Desired - Calculated Fields, Relationships, Data Models, Macros
* Sage 200 / ERP Knowledge - Desired
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (subject to experience)
Hours: Full-time, Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm (permanent)
Holiday: 28 Days (20 + STAT)
Pension, Possible Study Support (Distance Learning), Parking
For further information please call Charlotte at Paul Mitchell Associates 0116 2549404.
Assistant Accountant / Analysis / Costing / Fixed Assets / General Ledger
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.