- Job Reference: 10383A
- Date Posted: 10 January 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Northampton
- Salary: £26,000 to £27,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Assistant Accountant. Our client is a successful firm of Chartered Accountants seeking a qualified AAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA or person qualified by experience, to provide an outsourcing service to its owner managed business clients. It has an opening for an experienced person to join its office in Northampton.
* You will be responsible for producing monthly/quarterly management accounts for a large portfolio of clients using Digita, Sage Accounts, Zero, FreeAgent and QuickBooks as well as Excel workbooks.
* In addition you will reconcile all balance sheet items and attending to clients' needs on a daily basis.
* Completing VAT Returns, Intrastat sales, EC sales lists and P11Ds to the revenue on a timely basis.
* Dealing with all clients face-to-face and over the phone in a professional manner, helping with ad hoc issues. Some local travel assisting clients at their offices.
* Liaising with the audit department on audit issues with clients, preparing schedules and year end files for them.
* The preparation of management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met. Each assignment should be completed as far as possible before being passed to the manager for review.
* Monitor the progress of VAT assignments, ensuring that all deadlines are met and that any potential difficulties are brought to the attention of the manager.
* Oversee the progress of in-house bookkeeping assignments, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met, with regular progress reports being forwarded to the manager.
* Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
* Provided technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Sage Line 50 accounting software.
* Ad-hoc and on-going assignments involving a single client focus.
* Advice on system improvements/enhancements.