Assistant Accountant (Part Time)
- Job Reference: 10168
- Date Posted: 3 January 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Oadby
- Salary: £20,000 to £24,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Part Time
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT PART TIME Mon - Thur 20 - 25 hours per week (possible 2 Full Days as an alternative).
Advertised salary is Pro Rate, my client is looking to pay £10-£12 per hour.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be computer literate in word, excel and outlook.
They should be very organised, have good attention to detail and be quick to learn. The role requires a sound background in English and Mathematics as figure work and accuracy is a must and correspondence is required.
A good telephone manner and communication skills are also key. It is essential to be trustworthy and understand the need for confidentiality. The candidate will require to support the senior Accountant, Office Manager and Partners with all duties set out.
- Assist and support the senior Accountant, office manager and partners
- Recording financial transactions Accounts software / excel
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Bank reconciliation
- Preparing supplier payments for the company
- Preparing sales invoices
- Entering and recording purchase invoices
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash
- Coding payables correctly to prepare them for input later
- Rent management and maintaining property register
- Debt collecting
- Completing forms writing cheques
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for supplies
- Filing and scanning historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for senior Accountant, office manager and partners
- Preparing information for the Senior Accountant
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by senior Accountant, office manager and partners
- Maintaining office supplies by keeping an inventory and ordering new supplies as needed