Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant (Part Time)
- Job Reference: 10409
- Date Posted: 24 January 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £10.00 to £14.00
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Temporary
- Work Hours: Part Time
Our client a successful SME is looking to appoint a hands-on experienced Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant on a Part Time basis.
Reporting to the Finance Director we're looking for some for 1-2 days per week, approx 15 hours per week.
This role is being recruited on a Temporary Basis but there is every possibility that my client may make the position permanent.
You'll be an experienced Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant used to working in a smaller business with a willingness to get stuck in. You'll be responsible for bookkeeping, bank reconciliation and financial reporting, knowledge of Payroll would be a bonus.
This role is Part Time we're looking for someone for approx 1-2 day's per week/.
The role includes:
* Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, computer reports
* Allocate and post financial transaction details to subsidiary books
* Month end and cashflow reconciliation
* Maintain internal control systems
* Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
* Prepare cheques, payments and bank transactions
* Have a working knowledge of Sage 50 payroll
* Calculate and prepare tax and vat payments
* Assist with budget preparation
* Assist with audits
* Maintain complete filing systems to support financial records
* Draw up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet)
* Sage experience (essential)
* AAT Qualified (Minimum Preferred)
* Solid Excel skills
* Hands on approach
* Experience of Payroll (a bonus)