- Job Reference: 10560
- Date Posted: 26 April 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Wigston
- Salary: £22,000 to £24,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful manufacturer are looking to appoint a full time experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing their day-to-day accounting.
The bookkeeping role is a new position created within the business due to the growth of the business and to facilitate future plans.
The role will incorporate bookkeeping/accounts preparation, quarterly VAT Returns and yearly Tax returns. You will be main point of reference for accounts queries in the company.
The office is open 8.30-5.30 every day and hours can be flexible.
The required tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Full Purchase Ledger management inc. Data Entry, Query Resolution and Making Payments
- Full Sales Ledger management inc. Issuing Invoices, Query Resolution and Payment Allocation
- Credit Control - ensuring customers pay to terms
- Bank Reconcilations and other balance sheet accounts (such as Paypal, Worldpay)
- VAT reporting and submission to HMRC
- Converting departmental pro-forma invoices into Sage invoices
- Working with the Directors in the production of forecasts and other financial information as required
- Liaising with the company accountants in preparing year-end accounts (and payroll and pension contributions)
- Dealing with all financial paperwork and filing
- Helping staff in other departments resolve accounts queries
- Creating banking lists and banking cheques
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced bookkeeper with at least 2 years of bookkeeping, Sage-based experience (or more) and Excel
- Extensive experience with data entry and record keeping
- Able to work on own initiative
- Someone with an accurate, logical and concise approach to their work.
- Good customer service and communication skills
If you are interested in applying for this role please submit your CV for consideration.
Should you not hear from Paul Mitchell Associates within 7 days of application, unfortunately at this time you have not been successful, we do aim to convey this via email but due to the large number of applications we receive and also applicants own spam facilities, can at times make this difficult.
If you wish to know the status of your application please do feel free to contact the office on 0116 2549404 and ask to speak to one of our consultants.