Buyer & Procurement Officer
- Job Reference: 10066
- Date Posted: 17 July 2017
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Coalville
- Salary: £19,000 to £24,000
- Sector: Administration & Business Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful business based in Coalville are looking to add a Buyer/Procurement Officer to their small friendly team. The role may be offered on a Temp to Perm or Perm basis, there is a permanent job there for the right candidate.
Candidates should ideally be available immediately or on short notice.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate raw materials, collate and analyse quotations
- Co-ordinate all procurement to meet agreed timescales and budgets
- Consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent.
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers.
- Collation of Goods Received Notices (GRN) and logging delivered orders
- Signing off invoices and disputing any incorrect values
- Updating order schedules with items ordered for each job
- Tracking of assests and sending out weekly reports
- Produce Operation and Maintenance manuals for each job
- Creating new job folders
- Experience of an MRP/CRM system would be an advantage
·Strong customer service skills
·Good communication skills
·Competent in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
·Good organisational skills