- Job Reference: 10278
- Date Posted: 1 November 2017
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: London
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Chief Accountant. Our client is a highly successful SME business based in London, close to Kings Cross Station. It is part of a larger group of companies and is now seeking to recruit a Chief Accountant.
Reporting locally to the Managing Director, as well as to the Group Finance Director, the Chief Accountant will oversee the efficient operation of the Finance Department, ensuring all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner. The Chief Accountant will be responsible for preparation of various reports to assist the management of the company
* Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
* Preparation of monthly Management Information pack
* Preparation of Customer and Account Manager Profitability statements
* Preparing trading analysis, forecasts, and variance analysis
* Preparing VAT Returns and Control Account reconciliations
* Preparation of Bank reconciliations
* Ensure payroll is correctly processed
* Preparing weekly and monthly analysis of sales and costs
* Provide sales and profitability analysis
* Support the Finance in developing financial awareness in all Company departments
* Supervise members of the finance team as Company grows
* Candidates should be qualified or part qualified AAT, CIMA, ACCA or ACA, with good computer skills.
* The successful candidate must be capable of carrying out his/her work to a high standard. You must be capable of making decisions in a timely manner.
* Must be a self-starter and proactive. Must be capable of acting independently and be confident in asking for guidance when required.
Powers of Communication:
* Must be articulate and capable of communicating to internal and external customers.
* Must poss good Accountancy software skills including Excel.
Professional Effectiveness: Must be a self-starter and proactive. Must be capable of acting independently and be confident in asking for guidance when required.
Powers of Communication: Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Must be articulate and capable of communicating across the whole spectrum of staff.