Community Trust Accountant
- Job Reference: 10982
- Date Posted: 31 January 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £17,300
- Bonus/Benefits: (20 Hours A Week) Flexible as and when
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: 12 months
- Work Hours: Part Time
Community Trust Accountant Part Time. Our client, a prestigious organisation based in Leicester has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates to recruit an experienced Community Trust Accountant to cover maternity on a Part Time basis. Being available for work in March, your role will involve the following;
* Production of monthly management accounts for the Charitable Trust including commentary for the Community Director, Trustees, Finance Director and Financial Controller.
* Reporting and analysis of expenditure by project.
* Liaison with project managers to ensure they understand the current financial position of their projects.
* Assisting project managers with grant applications and returns.
* Completion of Community Trust budget model.
* Liaison with project managers and Community Director to produce annual Community Trust budget.
* Production of statutory accounts and responsibility for successful completion of independent review / audit.
* Filing of accounts with Companies House and Charities Commission.
* Validation, coding & analysis of Trust payroll.
* Responsibility for cash book, sales, purchase and nominal ledgers for the Trust including transaction input, maintenance, reconciliation and period / year-end processes.
* Responsibility for payment of Trust suppliers, collection of outstanding debtors and reporting on both to project managers and Community Director.
* Implementation and support for the roll out of Focalpoint, a web based purchase order and invoice approval system linked directly to Access Dimensions accounting software.
* Reconciliation and reporting for the Trust bank accounts, petty cash and credit card expenditure.
* Ensuring that the Trust operates in line with the businesses financial policies and procedures and tailoring guidance specifically for the Trust where appropriate.
* The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the businesses values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
* ACCA / CIMA qualified or equivalent.
* Previous experience in a similar role.
* Previous experience in financial accounting, accounts preparation and statutory reporting.
* Previous experience in management accounting and reporting
* Previous experience of managing ledgers and period-end / year-end processes.
* Excellent numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all time.
* Friendly, well organized with the ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
* Possess strong time management skills and have a flexible approach to work.
* Able to communicate to the highest level, listens, interprets and conveys information in a clear and accurate manner, provides timely delivery of information and selects the most appropriate method of communication.
* Works within a team environment, co-operates with others, considers the needs of others and helps others to achieve objectives.
* Ability to work autonomously on own initiative, pro-active in managing one's own time, building an understanding of the internal and external environment in order to deliver work in a highly effective and professional manner and to stringent deadlines.
* Resilience and the ability to maintain professionalism and a calm demeanor at all times.
* Excellent IT skills (including excellent MS Office - word, excel, PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of Access Dimensions accounting software
* Experience of Charity accounting.
My client offers an excellent opportunity to work with an organization with an enviable reputation. For further information, please contact us on 0116 2549404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.