- Job Reference: 10428
- Date Posted: 8 February 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Peterborough
- Salary: £19,000 to £21,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a large successful organisation are looking to appoint an experienced Credit Controller with Admin duties to their small friendly team.
- Ensure the timely collection of money from customers by telephone, email, issue of statements and letters
- Communicate with Sales reps where there appears to be problems regarding outstanding invoices e.g. awaiting credit notes, POD's etc. To deal with these problem in a quick and effective manner.
- Maintaining customer database and updating where necessary.
- Entering cheques into paying in book on a daily basis. Banking/ collecting cheques on a regular basis and end of month.
- Reporting progress on the collection of debts to the Credit Manager as required and passing possible doubtful debts for further action as quickly as possible. Where instructed to, communicate details of debts outstanding to our solicitors/debt collectors.
- Good communication skills and telephone manner are essential, as is a good working knowledge of word, excel and outlook.
- Answering the telephone and taking messages for our sales staff and possibly taking payments over the phone.
- Dealing with purchase invoice queries with the help of the staff, including order acknowledgements.
- Input of invoices and raising of Customer returns notes.
- Maintaining of float and petty cash.
- Filing as and when required.
- Provide information for other members of staff and outside bodies when required.
- Any other general duties necessary for the smooth running of the business.
- Ad hoc exercises as required.
Hours of work: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday