DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Job Reference: 10919
- Date Posted: 24 December 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £12.00 to £13.00
- Sector: Administration & Business Operations
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: 3 months +
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful well established charity are looking to appoint a Digital Communications Office to their small friendly team.
Its an exciting time for this charity with a lot of changing happening in 2019, this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make a real difference to the charity going forward.
Initially this is a 3 month contract, however there is every likelihood this will be extended and possibly even go permanent, I however cannot guarantee either of those.
- To take responsibility for the strategic direction of IT and Systems Management within the organisation with specific responsibility for the rebranding process including the development of the new website.
- Responsibility for the implementation of agreed strategy
- Liaison with both internal and external parties.
- Develop the new website to meet the needs of a changing organisation and take control of the rebranding process.
- Devise, manage and maintain an IT strategy going forward including the use of social media such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for communication and promotion purposes.
- Develop an IT and Social Media policy and social media arrangements
- Procure IT and communications services ensuring best value for our needs including access to publicity and websites.
- Lead on the updating of the website to ensure information remains accurate, timely and topical.
- GDPR lead
- Be a point of contact for callers and take responsibility for keeping all staff informed of key issues and supporting effective communication between staff, volunteers and clients.
- Represent the organisation at meetings and events.
- Responsibility for Senior level administrative duties where confidentiality is critical and high level presentations may be required.
About the Candidate:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as IT or digital communications.
- Advanced knowledge of the use of social media for Marketing and Public Relations purposes
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with a wide range of internal and external parties.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and display creativity particularly in the rebranding process and future promotion of the organisation.
We're looking for someone to start ASAP so ideally applicants will be Immediately available or on short notice, interviews to take place w/c 17/12/2018
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.