Finance and Administration Officer (Full or Part Time)
- Job Reference: 10179
- Date Posted: 22 September 2017
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £9.00 to £18.00
- Sector: Administration & Business Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Paul Mitchell Associates are working in partnership on an Exclusive basis with the Sir Thomas White Loan Charity.
The role is being recruited on a Permanent basis and our client will consider applications from candidates seeking either Full or Part Time work (hours negotiable).
The Sir Thomas White Loan Charity has been in existence since 1542 and was founded by one of the City's most generous (but least well known) benefactors, Sir Thomas White. Although he never actually set foot in Leicester, Sir Thomas is honoured by being included as one of the four statues around the Clock Tower in the Leicester city centre.
The charity is an Equal Opportunity organisation providing loans for new business ideas and young businesses needing investment. Eligible candidates may borrow up to £20,000 for business and up to £10,000 for education, to establish themselves in their chosen career. Loans are interest free for 9 years, repayable by equal instalments after 3 years.
The charities offerings are unique, which should/could and does benefit lots of local young people.
The role: (approx. 20% Finance & 80% Administration)
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (making payments, reconciliations, allocating income, liaising with auditors)
- Customer Service (replying to emails, maintain spreadsheets, deal with appointments, producing bond paper, credit checking and dealing with visitors/interviewees)
- Database Management (ensure charities records are up to date keeping in contact with clientele)
- Diary Management (maintain diaries for trustee's appointments and provide required information, arrange interviews and book local events)
- Investments (maintain files and record dividends from various investments)
- Board Meetings (prepare agenda, take minutes and deal with any actions)
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post, answering the telephone.
- Other Adhoc Admin duties as required by the charity.
The successful candidate should have Finance and Administration experience.
Solid computer skills are required including Microsoft Office & experience of SAGE is desirable.
Please note that any applications to the Client by a direct applicant or any other 3rd party will be forwarded to Paul Mitchell Associates.