- Job Reference: 10278A
- Date Posted: 28 November 2017
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Financial Controller. Our client is a highly successful SME business based in Leicester. It is part of a larger group of companies and is now seeking to recruit a Financial Controller to look after the accounts of a newly acquired subsidiary.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Financial Controller will oversee the efficient operation of the Finance Department, ensuring all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner. The Financial Controller will be responsible for preparation of various reports to assist the management of the company.
* Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
* Preparation of monthly Management Information pack
* Preparation of Customer and Account Manager Profitability statements
* Preparing trading analysis, forecasts, and variance analysis
* Preparing VAT Returns and Control Account reconciliations
* Preparation of Bank Invoice Finance monthly reconciliations
* Maintain schedule of Licences and supervise quarterly Royalty returns
* Assist with preparing Royalty forecasts as and when required
* Ensure payroll is correctly processed
* Preparing weekly and monthly analysis of sales and costs
* Provide sales and profitability analysis as and when requested
* Support the Director of Finance in developing financial awareness in all Company departments
* Supervise members of the finance team as the Company grows
* Candidates should be qualified or part qualified AAT, CIMA, ACCA or ACA, with good computer skills.
* The successful candidate must be capable of carrying out his/her work to a high standard. You must be capable of making decisions in a timely manner.
* Must be a self-starter and proactive. Must be capable of acting independently and be confident in asking for guidance when required.
Powers of Communication:
* Must be articulate and capable of communicating to internal and external customers.
Professional Effectiveness:Must be a self-starter and proactive. Must be capable of acting independently and be confident in asking for guidance when required.
Powers of Communication: Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Must be articulate and capable of communicating across the whole spectrum of staff.