General Ledger Accountant
- Job Reference: 10460
- Date Posted: 21 February 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £25,000 to £27,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
General Ledger Accountant. Our client, based in Leicester has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates on an exclusive basis to recruit an experienced General Ledger Accountant to join their team on a Permanent basis. Ideally you will be Part ACCA/ACA/CIMA or fully AAT qualified with strong system skills including Excel.
Working for a house hold name, your role will involve the following;
* Prepare, develop and report financial accounting information.
* Key-Result areas/assessment areas
* Weekly, monthly and quarterly timings
* Balance Sheet accounting for all sites including reconciliations for review
* Involvement in preparation of VAT return and consolidation of VAT reporting for all VAT group members
* Payment of statutory obligations -VAT and cover for PAYE/NI, payroll deductions
* Accounts (month end) to TB
* Regular journals - Prepayments, Accruals, Depreciation
* Fixed Asset accounting and depreciation
* Loading payments to the bank
* National Statistics Returns (non trading - Capital etc.)
* Cashbook posting
* Petty cash accounting
* Cover for other members of the finance team during holidays and absences (training given)
* Key objective
* Overall: Management of regular financial processes, providing reporting and information to improve financial control via the objectives below.
* Ensuring prompt and accurate reporting/payment of VAT (including reminders to other group members)
* Ensuring polite and professional relationships with statutory bodies (HMRC) and other contacts
* Liaising with internal contacts to resolve balance sheet posting queries
* Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required
* Producing ad hoc financial reports as required
* Assistance in production of financial accounts
* Assistance during the audit in providing schedules and information
* Assisting others in the Finance team In a pro-active manner at peak work times
* Ad hoc activities within the Finance team as requested by the FC or FD.
* Quantitative data
* All ledgers
* System data maintenance
* Banking data maintenance
* VAT data & spreadsheet maintenance
* Fixed Asset spreadsheet & records maintenance
* Overall management of data to assess completeness, accuracy and timeliness, resolving issues where errors arise.
In return, my client offers an excellent working environment with excellent opportunities to progress.
For further information, please contact us on 0116 2549404.