Junior Finance Analyst
- Job Reference: 10474
- Date Posted: 5 March 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension and large company benefits
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client, a highly successful and acquisitive local company, with an enviable customer base, are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant/Finance Analyst to join its team. The company prides itself on its innovation and creativity whilst providing an excellent service to its worldwide customers.
*You will have very strong Excel skills (Required) and it would be great if you have a background in Finance / Accounting, potentially training or looking to train for an accounting qualification.
* You will be highly analytical, not afraid to question, interested in developing and have pride in your attention to detail.
* A great team player who is willing to be "hands-on" in order to assist with general finance assistant duties. You will be part of the Finance function, reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
*Works order log management, entry of new orders / invoices, liaising with various departments obtaining up to date accurate data to ensure accuracy of log, sales / production / logistics.
*Maintain / Assist in development of reporting generated from works order log Assist with completion of the financial month end, Sales day book reconciliations Monthly / Weekly reporting Royalty management, reporting / forecasting / contra supplier transactions Petty Cash management Query resolution.
* Adhoc financial duties / projects as required, banking.
Skills / Experience Finance background desired - Studying / Looking to study for an accounting qualification.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Required - Pivot Charts, Pivot Tables, Calculated Fields, Relationships, Data Models, Macros.
Desired - VBA, External Connections, Queries, Sage Excel Integration Sage 200 / ERP Knowledge.
*Ability to work to tight deadlines, demonstrating time management and organisational ability, previous experience of working to deadlines within finance.
*Self-motivated, team player, able to work autonomously within a team.
*High levels of enthusiasm, personality, can-do attitude, and drive. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ensure professional knowledge, skills, initiative, innovation, and personal image are sufficiently developed to fulfil the requirement of the position.
*Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (subject to experience) Hours: Full-time, Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm (permanent) Holiday: 28 Days (20 + STAT) Pension, Possible Study Support, Parking