- Job Reference: 10334
- Date Posted: 8 March 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension and large company benefits
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Management Accountant. Our client, a large company based in Leicestershire, part of an international group, has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates to recruit a Management Accountant.
It has a great opportunity for a Management Accountant to join its Finance team based in Leicester. This role takes ownership of the monthly profit and loss account and balance sheet for functions and businesses that are part of the Group. The role provides monthly analysis, commentaries and reporting to key stakeholders as well as supporting on various internal and external audit reviews.
About the Company
The company is a leading supplier of industrial products in Europe offering the widest choices to all industries, professions and trades. Operating from its Head Office and Global Distribution Centre based in Leicester, the company has 2,000 staff, 52 UK locations and 10 International. It is a subsidiary of a US business with operations also in Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Your new role
* Manage and accurately account for the monthly profit and loss and balance sheet of functions and businesses within the Group
* Preparation/and or review monthly provisions, accruals, recharges and balance sheet reconciliations
* Preparation and review of key deliverables and reporting packs related to month/quarter/year end which will include analysis and commentary on the areas noted above
* Preparation of VAT and other taxes return ensuring full compliance to regulatory requirements
* Support in the review, creation and implementation of financial policies and procedures to ensure consistency, accuracy and reliability of financial results and adherence to SOX
What you'll need to succeed
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) is essential
* Experience in a management accounting role including process re-engineering and improvement
* Experience of monthly and month end reporting - including preparation of reporting packs, variance commentaries and balance sheet reconciliations
* Advanced level Excel skills.
* SOX / Internal controls experience.