Manager - Internal Controls
- Job Reference: 10635
- Date Posted: 27 November 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicestershire
- Salary: £55,000 to £66,000
- Bonus/Benefits: + Bonus + Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Manager Internal Controls and Projects, Leicestershire.
Our client, a highly successful international business is seeking to recruit a senior qualified accountant to join its senior management team.
This role supports Senior Management in evaluating and establishing the company's internal control framework. This role is responsible for ensuring reliable financial reporting, safeguarding of assets and effectiveness and efficiency of processes and ensuring that growth and operation of the Company is in line with internal control requirements. By analysing all business processes, potential risks are identified and classified. For the identified risks processes, this individual will consult with the business to ensure appropriate controls are put in place to mitigate and minimize risks.
As part of a US based company, this business is required to meet SOX legislation. This role is responsible for driving and supporting the continued implementation as well as the yearly planning of management and independent testing of the controls in alignment with the US parent company Internal Audit and the external auditors.
This role will also be responsible for leading all financial related projects. For example this could entail managing US/UK GAAP requirements (ie - revenue recognition and lease accounting), inventory valuation processes, documentation of key financial processes, etc. As such, this person is expected to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals in all areas of the business.
* A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering solutions to the organisation whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
* Driving compliance on SOX and internal controls
* 5-10 years of Accounting, Audit or Finance Experience
* Analytical with strong process orientation
* Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) is essential
* Capable of building relationships and influencing a variety of stakeholders (achieving through others)
* Excellent organisational skills, is able to prioritise effectively
* Ability and understanding of Continuous Improvement to evaluate the policies and procedures within the business
* Practical knowledge of ERP systems, processes, risks, financial/operational internal control principles
* Self starter
Job Dimensions - role will interact with:
*Finance Team including CFO and Sr. Director International Finance
*Global Internal Controls team
*Internal and external auditors
*Overseas branch leaders
*Other support functions
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.