- Job Reference: 10858
- Date Posted: 18 October 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Bonus
- Sector: Administration & Business Operations, Sales & Marketing
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a highly successful organisation in their field are looking to appoint an experienced Operations Manager to their small friendly team.
This role is a Full Time Permanent position, and would suit a proactive individual with a can-do attitude who is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
The role will involve all aspects of sales, procurement, production and shipping processes.
The successful candidate shall have drive and determination and the ability to 'think outside the box' when faced with challenges.
* Manage the purchasing of contract and stock materials, consumables and equipment.
* Continue to develop relationships with suppliers to obtain the very best procurement opportunities.
* Manage and co-ordinate delivery of materials to ensure continuity of supply.
* Ensure accurate administration of goods received notices and invoices on inhouse software.
* Procurement of maintenance contracts to ensure effective running of all equipment.
* Liaise with other staff on a regular basis, providing them with job sheets and order chasing for customers.
* Manage the goods receiving function, ensuring all materials from suppliers are assessed against quality constraints.
* Manage returns system for defective goods.
* Carry out monthly stock-takes.
* Accurately input stock movements / transactions on in house software.
* Ensure accuracy of stock records for cost and quantity.
* Filing of delivery tickets.
* Plan all workload within work schedule to ensure maximum efficiency whilst delivering on customer expectations.
* Liaise with customers to ascertain manufacturing requirements.
* Ensure full orders are complete and ready for dispatch.
* Arrange transport through 3rd part hauliers to deliver finished product.
* Ensure constant communication with customer regarding delivery dates.
* Return surplus materials to stock.
Administration / Commercial
* Raise all client invoices using in house software.
* Maintain accurate sales price information
* Co-ordinate sale of waste products to ensure best pricing.
* Maintain assigned certificates and permits.
* Maintain and develop close relationships with new and existing customer base actively seeking new orders.
Health & Safety
* Ensure risk assessments have been briefed for operatives working in the factory and warehouse
* Ensure risk assessments have been briefed for visitors working in the factory and warehouse
* Undertake Fire Marshal duties
* Be operationally focused with administration / financial attributes.
* An 'all rounder' who is looking to take control of a small division who is not afraid to 'roll their sleeves up' and get stuck in.
* Be able to work as part of a team, supporting your colleagues and helping to deliver the business plan
* Have great attention to detail and take pride in making the little things count.
* Have customer care at the heart of everything you do with a true desire to help others.
* Have excellent communication and listening skills.
* Demonstrate real energy and enthusiasm in all that you do.
* Have a positive, caring attitude and be a brand ambassador.
* Ability to generate sales
* Have people management skills
* Mathematically minded
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.