Part Time Company Accountant
- Job Reference: 10979
- Date Posted: 1 February 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Market harboroug
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Bonus/Benefits: pro rata (£12 to £15 per hour)
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Part Time
Assistant to Company Accountant (Part time) Our client a successful SME based in Market Harborough is looking to appoint an experienced Assistant Company Accountant to join its small friendly team.
This Part time role (initially 20 hours per week but is likely to increase in due course.) is being recruited on a Permanent basis and the candidate will be based in the Market Harborough offices.
Salary £25-30,000 pro-rata per annum, £12-15 per hour - 20 hours per week
The role reports directly to the Director and will consist of:
1. To assist the Company Accountant in their duties and responsibilities
2. To be responsible for the day to day running of the Accounts department.
3. To be responsible for one member of staff
3. To be responsible for following the Company policy and procedure with regard to the opening
of all new accounts
1. To input and to reconcile all Bank accounts.
2. To regularly check the bank line to ensure enough funds are in the current account and when necessary transfer monies from the deposit account
3. Management of a Purchase ledger consisting of up to 350 Active Accounts inclusive of preparing monthly Creditors payments. Reconciling all Supplier statements and dealing and resolving any queries before month end.
4. Monthly Payroll using Sage Payroll. Inclusive of PAYE year end.
5. Producing P11d yearly
6. Credit Card Statements inputting and reconciling for all staff.
7. Maintaining Sales Staff Spreadsheets for all expenses.
8. Assistance in calculating monthly Commissions using Excel.
9. Assistance in preparing Journals accruals and prepayments Stock reconciliations
10. Assistance in producing monthly accounts up to trial balance level, and Balance sheet
11. EEC sales lists monthly and VAT returns quarterly
12. Assistance in preparing monthly reports from Excel for the monthly management meetings.
13. Attending Monthly management meeting and reporting
14. To liaison with Company Accountant and assist were necessary.
15. To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be directed by the Company Accountant and Directors.
Software & Other Equipment to be used:
Sage line 50 Accounts Professional and Sage Payroll
Salary £25-30,000 pro-rata per annum, £12-15 per hour
Hours 20 - 30 hours per week over 4 / 5 days
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.