Payroll Team Leader
- Job Reference: 10478
- Date Posted: 17 May 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £23,000 to £26,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a successful organisation based in Leicester are looking to add an experienced Payroll Team Leader to their small friendly team.
- Manage a section of the Payroll team ensuring they complete all tasks accurately and on time, coaching, mentoring and providing training as appropriate to develop the team
- Influencing the business to process payroll information correctly and on time. For example, time and attendance information, ensuring the business completes this on time and running the appropriate reports.
- Period end reporting including financial accruals
- Payroll journals and reconciliations
- Interfacing files from HMRC
- Third party payments
- Daily system tasks and ad-hoc system configuration, for example, setting up job titles, sort codes
- Support the team with more complex payroll queries relating to staff pay or system processing
- Responsible for a section of the payroll. Tasks include, but are not limited to, inputting new joiners, amendments to contract, leavers, statutory documents, checking exception reports, answering queries
- Running the Pensioner payroll and liaising with associated third parties
- Loading and balancing commission payments into the Payroll system
- Overseeing the Company stakeholder pension scheme
- Deputising and supporting the Payroll Manager as required. This may include, for example, running the gross to net and exception reporting, producing reports for the business, attending meetings
- Collaborate with the HR Administration Manager to ensure that required payroll data flows seamlessly from the HR system into Payroll
The candidate we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years Payroll experience
- Experience of leading a team
- CIPP training would be an advantage but not essential
For further information, please contact us on 0116 2549404
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.