- Job Reference: 10550
- Date Posted: 13 April 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Stafford
- Salary: £44,000 to £54,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension, Bonus, Share Scheme
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a leading manufacturing and engineering business, part of a global business is seeking a Product Accountant
Salary Range: £44,900 to £54,000 ( Depending on Experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,12% bonus, Contributory pension scheme Contributory share scheme.
Relocation Support available.
The company has exciting opportunities for an accountants who wish to progress through challenging & rewarding assignments to become one of its future senior business leader.
Due to an internal progression an opportunity has arisen for a Product Accountant supporting the area of Product Engineering & New Product Introduction within a large division.
This position will provide financial decision support to the Product Manager on managing product group budgets, developing product strategy and introduction of new product.
- Estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions. Scope includes internal services charges in addition to departmental engineering spend.
- Presentation and explanation of results & variance analysis to management.
- New Product Introduction support including establishing and monitoring target costs, forecasting product costs, forecasting product profitability & projecting operating profit after capital charge (OPACC).
- Determining Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for high complexity projects. This includes collaboration with internal teams for data inputs, ensuring good data quality while adhering to timelines
- Participate in product strategy development & execution
- Completion of post implementation audits (PIA) for completed new product projects
- Degree in Accounting; Qualified Accountant- ACCA, CIMA, ACA or qualified by experience
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as high levels of leadership and initiative.
- Willingness to travel (domestic & international) up to 10% of time
*Previous experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment