- Job Reference: 10552
- Date Posted: 16 April 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Desford
- Salary: £28,000 to £35,000
- Bonus/Benefits: excellent benefits
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: 18 Months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client a Manufacturing company are looking to recruit a Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant to join its team for an 18 month contract. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience within a global business.
The Cost Accounting team have a vacancy for a Project Accountant. In this position, the individual will be an integral part of the finance team providing business decision support to the Engineering and Commercial teams. The role involves a variety of accounting functions and broad range of analytical work.
- You will ideally be a Newly Qualified Accountant / Finalist with the ability to work independently. Part Qualified candidates will be considered with the right skills.
- You will possess strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must as you will be required to work closely with non-finance teams as well as give presentations to Senior Management.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Power-Point and accounting software
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- New and Current product cost monitoring and reporting
- Maintaining product costs on different financial systems
- Project Investment spend - expense and capital monitoring
- Regional and Model profitability analysis
- Interacting with multiple functional areas to determine financial benefit of low to medium complexity projects
- Recommending different courses of action based on financial analysis
- Standard cost setting and analysis
This position is an 18 month contact
Salary £28,000 - £33,000 + excellent benefits