Qualified Senior Accountant
- Job Reference: 10758A
- Date Posted: 3 October 2018
Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Solihull
- Salary: £37,500 to £45,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension, Private Health, Bonus
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Qualified Senior Accountant. Our client a Financial Services company is looking to recruit a Qualified Accountant to its' team.
Salary: £37,500-£45,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 24 days annual leave increasing with service to 30 days, 10% Bonus paid quarterly, Share Scheme, Pension Scheme 10%, Health Care, Dental and Vision Scheme
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Travel: up to 5% to include Global
This major company offers a wide range of finance solutions to customers. It provides financial solutions and service excellence to help its customers make progress possible, every day. It partners with customers to help them get started, get through the tough times, and grow during the good times. By knowing its customers and providing them with the best financing and extended protection solutions for their unique needs, it has become much more than a financier. Having a good financial partnership is about more than just the numbers, its understanding its' customers' business and seeing their vision for the future.
As a Qualified Senior Accountant, you will directly contribute to the company's success by conducting a wide variety of intricate and complex accounting duties and projects. You will be providing technical expertise and performing more complex financial/decision support accounting work that supports the business processes. It looks to these positions to be trusted advisors to various segments of the business. Assignments and work are generally broad in nature requiring a broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, originality and ingenuity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Duties and responsibilities will be focused primarily toward activities requiring the use of in-depth accounting knowledge, practices and principles as well as ingenuity and originality.
- Analysing financial reports and records and may make studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Completing complicated and business critical reconciliations, review and verify the accuracy of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- To act as a balance sheet rec. controller, complete internal rec. stats, manage any variances, provide explanations if needed and to review/manage zero accounts.
- To process bank payments, cash pooling, to deal with Treasury requests and queries if needed.
- Complete and support month end reporting, quarterly reporting, e.g. accruals and prepayments, tax return & calculation, Lease classification, lease control recs and any other journals and reconciliations if needed.
- Full responsibility for statutory reporting queries.
- SOX control and compliance - to support Accounting Manager to ensure all SOX requirements are met on time, to deal with internal and external audit.
- When inconsistencies or problems occur, which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Recommendations are made to management regarding the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
- May coordinate, train and review lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA Qualified with post qualification relevant experience
- Self-starter, demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft skills, particularly with excel
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- VAT/TAX calculation experience
- Experience as a preparer or an auditor for statutory reporting in Financial Services is preferred
- US GAAP/SOX control experience preferred
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.