Senior Payroll Administrator
- Job Reference: 10656
- Date Posted: 11 June 2018
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £12.00 to £13.50
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: TBA
- Work Hours: Full Time
Senior Payroll Administrator. Our client, based in Leicester is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator to join their very friendly team on an initial Temporary basis with a more than likely chance of the role going permanent, Being immediately available or on short notice, your role will possess the following;
Duties and responsibilities
* Processing of specified wages and salaries, ensuring timely and accurate data input in line with published Payroll processing deadlines.
* Verifying and processing employee's business expenses, ensuring compliance with internal policy and HMRC legislation.
* Maintain and exceed where possible internal Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
* Dealing with complex queries/problems where necessary and be able to recognise such a query or problem and their implications.
* Responsible for statutory documents to be completed accurately and timely, eg Attachment of Earnings Orders, income references etc
* Work in close liaison with HR colleagues to provide an effective and seamless payroll service to employees, eg implementing contract changes
* Ensure any pension documentation is maintained and completed accurately
* Provide guidance and advice to colleagues concerning statutory and contractual payments, including maternity and sickness pay and leave.
* Adhere to current payroll procedures and internal policies as relevant
* Working as part of a team to ensure all work is completed accurately and on time in the most effective way
* Perform any other duties commensurate with the job grade as reasonably required from time to time.
Skills and experience
* Analytical skills and a proven ability to ensure accuracy and attention to detail. A full understanding of Manual Payments incorporating all areas of Tax and NI.
* Up to date, detailed knowledge of Statutory payments and HMRC legislation
* Proficient with MS Office applications, in particular Excel and Word to ensure effective record keeping and communications
* Experience using integrated HR/Payroll software
* Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
In return, my client offers an exciting opportunity to work with one of Leicestershires premier organisations.
For further information, please contact Neil on 0116 2549404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.