- Job Reference: 10778
- Date Posted: 28 September 2018
Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Melton Mowbray
- Salary: £12,000 to £17,500
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client, a successful Financial Services company is looking to recruit a Trainee Paraplanner on a permanent basis.
Salary: Minimum Wage - £17,500 (per annum depending on experience/wage)
THIS IS A TRAINEE / JUNIOR ROLE AS SUCH CANDIDATES APPLYING WOULD HAVE AN INTEREST IN JOINING A FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY AT AN ENTRY LEVEL. NOT ONLY WILL ON THE JOB TRAINING BE GIVEN THERE WILL BE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS IF DESIRED.
Due to continued expansion, a prestigious financial services practice is looking for an Trainee or Junior Paraplanner to join there organisation and assist in dealing with increasing levels of demand.
You will be joining an experienced team supporting Financial Planners by conducting product research and producing accurate and compliant client reports and suitability letters.
What is the role of a Paraplanner:
- Providing financial planning and suitability reports using the appropriate research tools within the agreed timescale
- Ensuring that factfinds and the adviser's meeting notes are fully and comprehensively completed and that all outstanding information has been received prior to preparing any financial planning reports and suitability letters
- Ensuring that on completion of business by the Financial Planner client files are complete and all relevant documentation enclosed before submission
- Ensuring that client files are compliant on completion of new business, and where advice has been provided
- Ensuring all Financial Planning and Suitability Reports and letters are compliant, technically accurate and completed in line with the IFP Business Standards and templates provided
- Establishing strong relationships with clients and attending client meetings where appropriate or required
- Submitting new business promptly to providers, ensuring legible copies are uploaded to the back office system and implementing agreed actions
- Obtaining the information necessary to compile an accurate cashflow forecast
- Preparing cashflow forecasts for clients and discussing these with the financial planner
- Ensuring all meetings, enquiries and subsequent dealings with clients, introducers and product providers are conducted in a professional manner and comply with the company's procedures
- Working collaboratively with financial planners and administrators to ensure work in progress is completed in a timely fashion
- To work with Financial Planners, other Paraplanners, Managers and Directors on other projects, from time to time as required
- To maintain the professionalism of the firm at all times and act accordingly in all dealings with colleagues, clients, providers and visitors
Skills and Experience required:
- GCSEs A-C in English and Maths
- Solid computer skills including Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- A willingness to learn
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.