12016 – Qualified Accountant Job Spec
Location: South Leicestershire
Summary of the Role
Our client – a privately-owned firm based in South Leicestershire – is seeking a qualified Accountant to lead a small finance team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing & producing quarterly / annual accounts,
- Preparation of statutory accounts, liaising with external accounts,
- Submitting annual accounts to HMRC / Companies House,
- Bookkeeping duties, incl. handling of VAT & tax compliance,
- Preparation of self-assessment tax return,
- Liaising with external accounts / auditors, banks, HRMC and other third-party providers,
- Dealing with the Partner's personal financials & investments,
- Review tax returns prepared by the tax advisers & provide feedback,
- Review management reports & provide feedback to Board.
The Right Person
- Qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent,
- Min. 3-years good experience working within an accountancy practice environment,
- Excellent planning & organisation skills, able to manage multiple workloads to strict deadlines,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, IRIS Tax, VT Final Accounts. The drive to assist in the modernisation / improvement of accounting systems,
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Appointment Type: Permanent (in-house)
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12016) on 0116 254 9404.