11776 – Accountant (FTC) Job Spec
Our Client – a large specialist manufacturer based in Leicester – is seeking an full-time experienced Accountant for a circa 6 month Fixed-Term-Contract. Based at their headquarters, this role has come about due to a need for maternity cover. Candidates who are available for a hand-over period (prior to Jun/Jul) will be preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing management accounts for multiple companies,
- Processing customer payments,
- VAT returns for multiple companies,
- Invoice financing,
- Prepare & reviewing yearly / monthly forecasts,
- Audit Work / VAT returns for multiple companies,
- Providing management with financial information,
- Processing payroll,
- Reconciling supplier statements,
- Posting purchase invoices.
The Right Person
- Part of Fully-Qualified CIMA or ACCA,
- Circa 3-5 years accounting experience within a large corporate environment,
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability able to understand detailed data & analysis, and report key observations / recommendations to non-finance leaders,
- Previous management accounting experience is essential,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. SAP, Sage 50 & MS Excel to an advanced standard.
- Appointment Type: Fixed Term Contract (circa 6 months)
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time 9:00am – 5:00pm (30mins Lunch)
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11776) on 0116 254 9404.