- Job Reference: 11084
- Date Posted: 4 July 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicestershire
- Salary: £20,000 to £30,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Excellent Benefits
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Accountant. Our client, a Leicester based Accountancy Practice has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates to recruit an AAT Qualified or Part Qualified or Qualified by experience Accountant to join its team on a Permanent basis. You will ideally possess experience in preparing accounts for GP practices (Doctors), but this is not essential.
The firm is developing a thriving, customer-focused team who are fast becoming the number one choice for the medical sector in Leicestershire.
Acting for a large number of practices in the area (as well as individual GPs, medical centres and Foundations), we offer expert advice on accounts, personal tax and pensions, together with bespoke bookkeeping, cost control, VAT and management accounts services.
Due to the continuing success of the department and the company's focus on increasing our market share in this sector, we are now looking for a bright, enthusiastic accountant who is ready for their next exciting career move.
The right candidate will:
* Be a minimum of AAT qualified, or part or fully qualified ACCA.
* Ideally have experience of working in an accountancy practice
* Be looking to develop their knowledge and experience through on the job training
* Have a good understanding of personal and partnership tax
* Be computer literate (particularly Microsoft Office), and be able to adapt to using new software quickly and easily (Sage, IRIS, etc.)
* Have excellent attention to detail and thrive on exceeding client expectations
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, together with the confidence to network and help to develop the business
* Be looking to increase their earning capacity by specialising in a niche area
* Experience of working in the health sector would be extremely advantageous.
* Act as second contact to a portfolio of GP clients, ensuring assignments are effectively managed and electronic records are kept up to date
* Prepare management information and VAT returns accurately and timely for an agreed number of clients
* Participate in client meetings as requested
* Prepare and distribute accurate and timely management information to clients
* Review client KPI's and report on significant fluctuations, as appropriate
* Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective accounting service to clients
* Prepare budgets and forecasts for clients, as agreed
* Undertake proactive cash flow management for clients
* Prepare year end statutory accounts
* Ensure compliance for the filing of client's statutory accounts
* Respond promptly to client communications or queries and resolve any issues
* Attend client meetings as required
* Understand the client's business to be able to add value where appropriate
* Reconciling bank accounts, credit card accounts and petty cash
* Preparing and submitting VAT returns and CIS returns
* Preparing reconciliations and balance sheet schedules to support the trial balance
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. As a valued member of staff, you will have a proven background in Public Practice (ideally 3-5 years) that will help you succeed in one Leicester's Premier Practices. In return, our client offers an excellent package including Pension, Health Care, Generous holidays, free parking and a Bonus Scheme. Hours:Negotiable (full time or part time will be considered)
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.