- Job Reference: 11652
- Date Posted: 4 September 2020
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Peterborough
- Salary: £31,000 to £36,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension, parking, shares, bonus etc
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Accounting Analyst. Our client, an instantly recognisable manufacturing organisation based in Peterborough is looking to recruit an experienced Accounting Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis. Being an integral part of this successful organisation, your role will involve the following;
* Member of the Business Support Accounting team supporting the reporting of Variable Manufacturing Costs and Fixed Overheads for both the facility and Business Unit, along with associated analysis and commentary on a monthly basis.
* Month end financial close including journal preparation, cost allocations and associated trend analysis.
* Support the development of annual business plans and the completion of quarterly forecasting cycles.
* Act as Business Partner to cost centre owners and departmental leaders.
* Completion of monthly corporate reporting requirements.
* Measurement of key operational performance metrics for inclusion in the monthly business unit scorecard.
* Adhoc project work
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* Part Qualified Accountancy certification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
* Good analytical skills, with the ability able to understand detailed data and analysis and translate to key messages to non-finance customers.
* Previous management accounting experience.
* Experience in supporting non finance customers.
* Effective communication skills and confident in presenting financial information
* Ability to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team and global business.
* Good organisation skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Excellent Excel and Power point skills.
In return, our client offers an excellent benefits package including generous holiday entitlement, pension contributions and a share purchase option scheme.
If you feel you meet the above skill base criteria, please contact us on 0116 2549404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.