11895 – Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper Job Spec
Our client – a leading manufacturer based in Loughborough – is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, capable & friendly Accountant to join their finance team on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Purchase Ledger (for multiple companies):
- Posting supplier invoices / staff expenses on to Sage,
- Using Sage200 PO system, ensure that all supplier invoices & staff expenses are appropriately authorised for payment,
- Matching invoices to purchase orders, recording goods received notes & maintaining the purchase filing system,
- Promptly resolving queries on purchase invoices,
- Building & maintaining relationships with key strategic suppliers,
- Preparing supplier payment runs,
- Supplier statement reconciliations,
- Review of the aged creditors reports and following up on queries.
- Posting & allocating online sales onto Sage 200,
- Controlling & checking website sales dispatches,
- Posting & allocating cash.
Cashbook & Bank:
- Daily cashbook postings,
- Count & reconcile petty cash accounts,
- Posting / reconciling corporate charge & credit cards,
- Bank reconciliations.
The Right Person
- Ideally AAT Level-3 or greater,
- Experience using Sage 200 / Sage 50 / proficient in MS Excel,
- Clear & confident communication skills (written and verbal),
- Strong with numbers,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- On-Site Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11895) on 0116 254 9404.