11778 – Accounts Assistant Job Spec
Location: Leicester / Remote Working
Our Client – an renowned insurance firm based in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team on a full-time interim basis (circa 4 months). The role will be initially based from home, however there is an expectation that as COVID-19 restrictions ease, you will be required to go into the office.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing cash allocation duties for a number of bank accounts in various currencies,
- Minimising unallocated cash by reviewing / following up all amounts on a monthly basis,
- Complete bank reconciliations throughout the month & within month-end deadlines,
- Complete cash clearing reconciliations, pro-actively investigating discrepancies,
- Process double-entry journals to the general ledger where required,
- Monthly management information reporting,
- Technical reconciliations,
- Administer Direct Debits incl. regular mandate & collection processing with no backlog.
The Right Person
- Part OR Fully-Qualified AAT or equivalent,
- Demonstrable accounting / technical knowledge,
- Experience working within the insurance industry,
- Sound knowledge of double-entry accounting, journals & reconciliation process,
- Experience of direct debit administration,
- Experience of cash allocation & pro-actively minimising unallocated cash,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a large organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Interim (Duration: 4 Months)
- Salary: £11.79 – 12.82 per hour (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements considered in line with the needs of the business
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11778) on 0116 254 9404.