11880 – Accounts Assistant Job Spec
Our Client – a long-established manufacturer in the construction sector – is seeking an experienced all-round accounting assistant with a particular focus on accounts receivables / credit control. Candidates with payroll experience would be a distinct advantage, but if not, our client will train you up.
Based in their Leicester office, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Credit Control,
- Bank Reconciliations,
- Raising credit notes,
- Liaising with warehouse staff to confirm goods can be dispatched for proforma customers,
- Customer queries (via phone & email),
- Communicate effectively with internal departments & customers regarding any accounts queries,
- Opening new credit accounts,
- Cover required for accurately checking despatch notes & creating invoices on a daily basis,
- Purchase Ledger: inputting invoices on to Sage once matched to purchase order / delivery notes,
- Sage Payroll: weekly PAYE staff incl. calculating hours worked,
- Filing and other related adhoc duties.
The Right Person
- Previous credit control experience is essential, together with all-round accounts knowledge & experience (purchase & sales ledger) in line with the duties outlined above,
- Knowledge & experience using Sage is essential,
- Experience with Payroll on Sage is preferred (but will offer training),
- Effective communication skills & an excellent telephone manner is required,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word skills to a good standard.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time (8:00 / 8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Holiday 23 Days + Bank Holidays (reserve up to 4-days for Xmas shutdown)
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- Free On-Site Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11880) on 0116 254 9404.