12019 – Accounts Assistant Job Spec
Our client – a highly successful manufacturing firm based in Loughborough – is seeking an experienced accounts assistant to join their finance team on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Purchase ledger – to match delivery notes & purchase orders and input invoices onto Sage 50 in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaise with Project Managers to resolve queries.
- Sub-Contractor invoices and CIS tax deductions including reporting CIS Return to HMRC.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Bank payments to suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Cash expenses / petty cash.
- Wages preparation and timesheet entry onto Sage 50.
- Assist Financial Manager with ad hoc duties at busy periods and whilst covering sickness and holiday, including payroll processing.
The Right Person
- Ideally someone available on short notice (to start mid-Sep 2021),
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Sage 50, Sage Payroll & Microsoft Excel.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays (incl. Xmas closure)
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12019) on 0116 254 9404.