12324 – Accounts Assistant Job Spec
Summary of the Role
Our client – an established engineering firm based in Loughborough – is seeking an ambitious accounts assistant to join & progress within their growing finance team on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, recording & maintaining financial information relating to a group of companies, with particular responsibility for purchase ledger and associated costs.
Key duties include:
- Process delivery tickets / on hire & off hire notices in a timely manner accurately against purchase orders,
- Process purchase invoices received against orders in an accurate, timely fashion,
- Ensure suppliers are accurately paid in line with ToB,
- Develop close relationships with external supplier ledger teams in order to improve on query resolution,
- Maintain fixed asset register for all companies incl. processing acquisitions, disposals & depreciation,
- Maintain HP account & process interest postings on a monthly basis,
- Assisting external auditors,
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet nominal accounts for all group companies,
- Complete quarterly VAT returns for all group companies. Reconcile output to VAT nominals & check returns prior to submission,
- Ensure cost provisions are accurate at all times,
- Understand processes / procedures. Constantly striving to improve reporting / process efficiencies.
Once established in the role, our client would like you to continue your professional development by stepping up into more senior accounting duties, including:
- Produce management accounts on a monthly basis (in line with month-end) for group parent company,
- Calculate & process management charges to subsidiaries,
- Calculate & account for monthly accruals / prepayments for group parent company.
The Right Person
- 3x A-levels-qualified + ideally part-qualified AAT OR studying towards ACCA/CIMA,
- 1-2 years accounting experience (purchase & sales ledger, payroll admin, accounts assistant),
- Experience with payroll / CIS preferable,
- Effective communication skills,
- Ambitious, proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel skills to an advanced standard.
In return for the above, our client is offering an excellent renumeration package, which is as follows:
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time (flexible start / finish times)
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid Working After Training (3-days in office / 2-days at home)
- Study Support Available
- Private Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (following probationary period)
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- On-Site Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12324) on 0116 254 9404.