11781 – Accounts Assistant / Payroll Job Spec
Location: Leicester (remote working initially)
Our Client – a well-established Wealth Management firm based in Leicester – is seeking an Accounts Assistant with good Sage & Sage Payroll experience to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. This is a newly created role in response to ongoing growth.
Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the control of the commission system, as well as running of the day-to-day accounts & payroll function, including:
- Bookkeeping using Sage 50 Cloud daily for financial management,
- Maintain & reconcile purchase / sales ledgers,
- Chasing outstanding debtor payments,
- Posting payments, receipts & reconciling balances,
- Prepare & post regular journal adjustments,
- Month-end reconciliations & reports,
- Assist the Accounts Manager with producing monthly management accounts & cash flow reporting,
- Assist in the preparation of the accounts for year-end audit,
- Take payments using POS terminal, recording & issuing receipts.
- Assist with the processing monthly payroll using Sage 50 Cloud, process month end, make statutory payments & reconciliations,
- Assist with processing year-end payroll & issue P60’s,
- Maintain workplace pension scheme (Auto Enrolment), submit contributions.
Commission / Fee Runs:
- Responsibility for timely & accurate commission / fee runs,
- Daily, weekly & monthly data input into Intelligent Office CRM, creating commission profiles / matching payments / amending any aspect of commission,
- Investigate any errors, chase outstanding commission / fees,
- Make monthly timely and accurate FCI payments to advisers,
- Assist with preparing monthly production summary for monthly management meeting.
The Right Person
- Part of fully-qualified AAT, or qualified by experience equivalent,
- Essential: SAGE 50 & SAGE Payroll knowledge / experience,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook. Experience using CRM systems,
- Effective communication & inter-personal skills, trustworthy & reliable,
- Good attention to detail, proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 23 Days + Bank Holidays
- Benefits incl. Remote working (laptop provided), Private Healthcare, NEST Pension, Free Parking
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11781) on 0116 254 9404.