11984 – Accounts Manager Job Spec
Our client – an established and well-respected consultancy business based in Lutterworth – is seeking an experienced accountant to join their small finance team on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Accounts, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Full responsibility for client accounts (commercial / residential property management), operation under RICS regulations,
- Maintaining 60+ client bank current accounts and maintaining 300+ deposit accounts,
- Regular invoicing for rent & service charges incl. collection from tenants / owners,
- Monthly statements & regular reporting to clients,
- Year-end accounts for the clients’ Limited companies, partnerships & sole traders, up to trial balance incl. all year-end adjustments,
- VAT returns calculation & submission on behalf of clients,
- Recharges of utilities / ad hoc charges,
- Processing & payment of supplier invoices,
- Bank reconciliations,
- Communicating with clients / tenants via telephone, email & letter,
- General housekeeping of client files, filing / archiving in accordance with the current filing system (on server & physical files) to ensure full records are kept of all client transactions & correspondence.
The Right Person
- Part OR fully-qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent,
- Experience working within a SME accounts dept,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook to an advanced standard. Experience using property management accounts software (Propman) preferred,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- All staff work as a team, incl. answering the phone, greeting visitors, dealing with correspondence (incoming & outgoing), making appointments etc. This is a small office and all staff are expected to show a willingness to help out as and when help is needed.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (subject to experience)
- Discretionary Bonus
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11984) on 0116 254 9404.