12341 – Accounts Receivables Supervisor Job Spec
Our client – a highly successful multinational manufacturing organisation based in Kettering – is seeking an effective leader to manage all aspects of their Accounts Receivables team, ensuring all customers are paying to terms and customer claims are answered / cleared accordingly.
Reporting to the Financial Controller & key stakeholders (incl. Auditors, Account Managers, Planning & IT), the successful candidate will work primarily across the Finance & Commercial functions with exposure to other functions. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervision of accounts receivables team (circa 3x direct reports),
- Monitor cash receipts,
- Monitor outstanding deductions,
- Held orders,
- Weekly & monthly reporting,
- Co-ordination with external audit – statutory & SOx,
- Timely delivery of balance sheet reconciliations,
- Credit check customers & suppliers,
- Support with the delivery of process improvements.
The role is not debt-chasing heavy… rather, it leans more towards resolving queries & process deductions in a timely manner so that payments flow efficiently. There is quite a lot of interaction with the commercial team. POC for audit queries & some month end-duties / controls compliance (minimal).
Within 12-months, you will be encouraged to step up a grade, moving away from transactional duties to focus more on credit risk, reporting & KPI management (having improved processes & procedures to allow the space to move up). You will also get the chance to highlight opportunities to improve processes that sit outside of AR can be tightened.
The Right Person
- Able to direct & manage a small team of AR Clerks,
- Current / previous experience managing / supervising AP function wanting to step-up,
- Experience working within a large manufacturing / FMCG environment preferred,
- An strong eye for spotting opportunities for process improvements,
- Effective communication skills, strong relationship building & ability to manage stakeholders at all levels,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills.
- Systems: Strong MS Excel skills, ERP, AX and/or Navision experience.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- 5% Bonus
- Hours: Full-Time – hybrid working available (1-2 Days in Office)
- Holiday 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Private Health
- Pension (up to 6% EEs / 12% ERs)
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12341) on 0116 254 9404.