- Job Reference: 11097
- Date Posted: 23 April 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicestershire
- Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
- Bonus/Benefits: excellent benefits
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client, based near Narborough, has an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking Assistant Accountant to join their growing business on a permanent basis.
As Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for assisting in the completion of month-end, to compile the management accounts and to engage and assist in Finance and general business-related activities, whilst taking on-going responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of various tasks. Being able to effectively process information, paperwork and key statistics in a busy proactive environment, in timely manner is where you come in.
TO SUCCEED, YOU WILL NEED:
* Good verbal and numerical reasoning skills
* Confidence in your own abilities.
* Basic understanding of accounting standards and principles
* Ability to apply accounting concepts (i.e. matching, prudence etc) in the preparation of monthly and yearly accounts.
* Take a proactive role in carrying out investigation and analysis as required in any areas of the business where financial performance could be improved.
* Ability to work within a team and support the Sales and Purchase Ledger functions as required.
* Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
* Flexibility, being able to prioritise your own workload whilst supporting the team is key.
* To be responsive and willing to learn, receive training, developing both yourself and those around you.
* Excellent relationship skills with both colleagues and customers alike.
* An understanding of the value of delivering great service to suppliers, colleagues and customers
* The ability and motivation to work on your own initiative.
* An accounting graduate or studying for an accounting qualification with relevant experience.
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO:
* To assist in the completion of month-end tasks to an agreed agenda to compile the management accounts.
* To assist in the provision of relevant information to management and staff for the running of the business.
* Help maintain accurate books and records including assistance with monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
* To help ensure all statutory returns are completed in time and accurately e.g. VAT returns.
* To assist in the provision of accurate key statistical information in a timely manner
* To assist in the implementation and management of procedures to ensure that areas of the business are under control at all times.
* Liaise with the Credit Control and Purchase Ledger as required
* To assist in the enforcement of the company's accounting procedures
* Bank Reconciliation, Cash flow update and management of the Petty Cash float.
* Other ad-hoc duties as required
Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch)
Holidays: 25 days + stat
Excellent Additional benefits
Study support available after a qualifying period
For further information please contact Charlotte at Paul Mitchell Associates
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.