Assistant Conference & Banqueting Manager
- Job Reference: 11254
- Date Posted: 30 July 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £20,000 to £22,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Administration & Business Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager
Due to its continued success and growth our client is now recruiting for an experienced Assistant Conference & Banqueting Manager to work within an amazing team!
Purpose of the role
Your role will be to nurture the team and to play a key role in their guests' experience. Being responsible operationally for the restaurant, bar and conference & banqueting.
The Assistant Conference & Banqueting Manager will be responsible for.
- Manage from the front by running and overseeing events. Remaining hands on within this busy food and beverage operation.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work as part of a team and to constantly evaluate, train and improve the experience of its guests.
- Team management to include, employee relations, absence management, training and development and employee engagement.
- Optimise opportunities to hit and exceed budgeted targets assisting the Head of Department in forecasting the business in terms of covers and sales figures.
- Encourage up selling and on selling to optimise revenue
- Manage the employees and facilitate effective rotas, stock control and asset management
- Remain aware of business trends, systems and practices within the food and beverage industry to enable it to remain current and open to opportunities to improve the profitability of the department.
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Restaurant and events service background from within hotel or venue sector, 4 or 5 star.
- You will need a passion for; hospitality, exceptional customer service.
- Strong Communication Skills, Verbal, listening and writing.
- Proven record as a strong team leader
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.