Our client – a leading manufacturer & supplier based in Daventry – is seeking an experienced assistant management accountant to join their finance team on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating the Projects on CRM Business Central & allocating costs/ sales to the projects
- Managing the Applications for Payment diary to ensure submitted on time.
- Creating the Sales Invoices on Business Central once certified
- Liaising with suppliers/contractors to obtain quotations.
- Liaising with suppliers to raise the Purchase Orders & arrange deliveries to site.
- Ensuring site access has been discussed and suppliers informed of requirements.
- Verifying Sub Contractors on Business Central and submitting the monthly CIS return to HMRC
Monthly Management Accounts:
- Posting Purchase & Sales Invoices and allocating / posting the Receipts & Payments
- Management of supporting schedules for the accounts and posting relevant journals including Prepayments, Accruals, Fixed Assets, Work in Progress, CIS Deductions & Retentions
- Reconcile the Bank Account and Inter Company to Cash Book and Bank Statement
- Calculate the monthly Commissions payments and notify Head of Finance for Payroll
- Produce Trial Balance and complete Month End Pack ensuring all schedules, debtors and creditors reports correspond to the figures in the accounts & working papers are retained
- Prepare BACS payments for Suppliers and Sub Contractors for authorisation
- Produce Mutual Debtors and Creditors Report for the Group
- Take responsibility for raising the recharges invoices for the Group.
- Process expenses for all employee’s
- Assist Head of Finance with Audit Preparation
- Process P11D’s within required timescales
- Monthly production of the Supplier Report
- EGR – raise Bacs payments when required.
The Right Person
- Part OR fully-qualified accountant, studying or qualified by experience,
- Experience of production of trial balance and monthly management accounts,
- Experience with Construction Industry Scheme (CIS),
- Understanding of procurement and issues associated with the delivery of goods to site,
- Experience of implementing / maintaining quality systems, developing strategies to meet business needs,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Strong IT skills incl. MS Office, Sage 50, MS Dynamics & Business Central. Knowledge of MS Project Service Automation preferred but not essential.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £25,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 21 Days + Bank Holidays
- Benefits incl. Study Support (applicable after 6-month probation), Pension, Life Assurance, Incapacity Benefit, Private Medical Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Digicare App
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11949) on 0116 254 9404.