11821 – Assistant Management Accountant FTC Job Spec
Our Client – part of a large manufacturing group with offices in Leicester – is seeking an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join their finance team for a 12-month fixed term contract (maternity cover). Reporting to the Management Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for daily labour & material variances, producing weekly accounts and assisting with weekly accounts.
- Preparation of daily labour analysis & material variances for review by the Management Accountant, for distribution every weekday morning,
- Assisting the in preparation of weekly accounts incl. material cost of sales, preparation of reports, gross margin analysis, labour summaries & analysis and commentaries,
- Analysis of temporary labour invoices against weekly accounts expectation,
- Preparation & distribution of overhead costs / variances,
- Preparation weekly accounts for review by the Management Accountant,
- Preparation of monthly KPIs for review by the Financial Accountant for inclusion in the monthly Board report,
- Assist & communicate with the Management Accountant on an adhoc basis to highlight tasks that need to be performed as they arise, to ensure that all work is being covered,
- Support the department by performing other adhoc duties that may arise, as workload allows.
The Right Person
- Part-qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent,
- Demonstrable experience working within a large & busy accounts department. Management accounting experience (incl. calculating variances) is preferred,
- Effective communication skills, confident in presenting financial information to senior management,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, able to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a larger organisation,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Microsoft Excel & Word skills to an advanced standard. Experience using MRP systems would be advantageous,
- Full driving licence / own transport.
- Appointment Type: Fixed Term Contract (12 Months Maternity Cover)
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 23 Days + Bank Holidays
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11821) on 0116 254 9404.