Assistant Project Accountant
- Job Reference: 12210
- Date Posted: 22 March 2022
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Coalville, Leicestershire
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Sector: Accountancy
- Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Duration: 6 months
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client - an outstanding organisation based in North West Leicestershire - is seeking an experienced Assistant Project Accountant to join their finance team on a full-time temporary basis for a 6 month Fixed Term period.
We're looking for a candidate to support the Finance Project Manager specifically on the review of aged debt and resolution of disputed invoices that cannot be collected by the credit team.
Working closely with the credit control team and operational staff this role will identify and resolve issues, enabling cash collection and thus reducing aged debt.
Ensuring aged debt is minimised, disputes are cleared, queries on accounts are resolved promptly and cash flow is maximised. Providing insight to the ongoing invoicing and credit control and depot teams to improve processes.
- Contact identified customers primarily via telephone chasing aged debt and determining reasons for non-payment
- Analysis of root cause issues preventing payments
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices, contact customers and where necessary escalating issues
- Propose credit notes and obtain approvals to allow customer payments
- Track incoming payments against aged debt as disputes are resolved
- Maintain accurate system records and management notes reflecting progress against customer accounts
- Propose on stop/alternative collection routes as appropriate
- Review and continually improve existing processes
- Make decisions and recommendations on escalation of bad debts
- To undertake other tasks as required
- Process driven approach to problem solving within an accounting environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels - internally and externally
- Good understanding of credit control and sales invoicing functions
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Good Excel and IT skills and demonstrates ability to work with different systems
- A continuous improvement ethos, with experience of process improvements
- Willingness and ability to travel nationwide
- Experience of chasing debt / implications of aged debt with transactional finance experience
- Part qualified accountant/QBE
- Appointment Type: 6 month FTC
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 24 Days + Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free On-Site Parking
If you - or someone you might know - are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 12232) on 0116 254 9404.
If you - or someone you might know - are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE NOW or call us (quoting our 5-digit job reference) on +44 (0)116 254 9404. If you do not consent, please DO NOT apply to this vacancy.