11894 – Audit / Accounts Senior Job Spec
Our client – a leading firm of Chartered Accountants in Leicester – is seeking a qualified Senior Accountant to join their friendly team on a full-time permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to work with a broad range of exciting, diverse clients… for someone with long-term aspirations to step up to Assistant Manager / Manager-level. We’re looking for highly skilled, driven and friendly candidates to work alongside / develop your talents with opportunities to attend training courses, so you can keep learning and add value to clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing Accounts & associated paperwork (incl. unincorporated businesses / companies) together with Monthly Management Accounts,
- Preparing Business Tax Computations, Partnership Returns, Personal Tax Computations & Personal Tax Returns,
- Preparing P11D returns,
- Running audit assignments where required (a small part of the role, only where business need arises),
- Providing assistance / guidance to junior staff members,
- Build good relationships with clients, receive & review jobs, prioritise & work back to managers on time / budget,
- Look for & suggest improvements to systems / ways of working,
- Review quality of work produced, ensuring it meets a high standard. Suggest ways of improving quality / consistency.
The Right Person
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Demonstrable experience working in a fast-paced accountancy practice,
- The drive & wish to become Assistant Manager / Manager within the practice,
- High level of attention to detail,
- Effective & confident communication skills dealing with clients & colleagues,
- Highly organised with excellent planning, organisation & deadline time keeping skills,
- Strong IT skills incl. Sage Accounts, Iris, Xero & Microsoft Excel to a good standard.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- Commission for on-boarding new clients
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (+3-4 Days at Christmas)
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- Regular Team-Building Events
- All the hot drinks you want
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11894) on 0116 254 9404.