Billing and Credit Controller
- Job Reference: 11148
- Date Posted: 17 May 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £22,000
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Work Hours: Full Time
Billing and Credit Controller. Our client, based in Leicester City Centre has engaged Paul Mitchell Associates to recruit an experienced Billing and Credit Controller to join their growing team on a Temporary to Permanent/Permanent basis. Being an experienced Credit Controller, you will be responsible for all of the accounting tasks required within the Accounts Receivable function. This includes but is not limited to raising invoices or credit notes and chasing up outstanding amounts due to the company as directed by the Accounts Receivable Manager. Your role will involve the following;
* Raising invoices and credit notes from site requests received throughout the month.
* Work with the Senior Management Accountant and team to validate the accuracy and validity of invoice and credit requests received prior to processing.
* Maintain a monthly invoicing schedule/tracker and ensuring all known fixed monthly fees are invoiced in a timely manner.
* To support and provide cover to Financial Accounts team, posting and ensuring the accurate allocation to the Sales Ledger of all customer payments received.
* Emailing or posting documentation to customers in line with business and individual customer preferences.
* Processing and generating reminder letters/emails and monthly statements.
* Ensuring all amounts due to the company is received within contractual terms.
* Respond to all telephone and email queries in order to establish positive relationships with key customers, Managers and internal colleagues including Managing Directors, Regional Directors and the Account Management Team.
* To engage with Customers and personnel at all levels to resolve queries that prevent or delay payment of invoices.
* Follow escalation process for potential bad debts and liaise with the Accounts Receivable Manager regularly on outstanding items and actions taken.
* Make optimal use of systems and software. Proposing improvements where identified.
Competencies, Core qualities and attributes:
* Previous credit control experience in SME is preferred.
* Passionate and enthusiastic about customer service and exceeding customers' expectations.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Well rounded, organised and self-motivated individual.
* Polite but tenacious telephone and face to face manner.
* Good Microsoft Excel skills.
* Experience of working with multiple systems would be beneficial.
In return, my client offers an excellent working environment with excellent benefits. For further information, please contact Neil on 0116 2549404.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.