11709 – Bookkeeper Job Spec
A small firm of Chartered Accountants based in Leicester are seeking an all-round skilled Bookkeeper to join their friendly and supportive team on a full-time permanent basis. Supporting clients ranging from sole traders and partnerships to limited companies, our client is seeking an experienced accountant… someone with broad systems experience (Sage, Xero & Quickbooks being the most common).
The successful candidate will need to possess all-round accounting skills to carry out the following:
- Internal & external bookkeeping for clients,
- Double entry bookkeeping,
- VAT returns,
- Accounts to trial balance,
- Profit & loss,
- Balance sheet.
The Right Person
- Part of fully-qualified AAT, part-qualified ACCA, or qualified by experience,
- A practice background is preferred (but may consider industry subject to experience),
- Possess your own transport for occasional client visits,
- Essential: demonstrable all-round accounts experience,
- Be proficient with Sage Desktop (Line 50), Sage Cloud, Xero and/or QuickBooks,
- Excellent planning, organisation, time keeping and communication skills,
- Maintaining client confidentiality at all times,
- Strong attention to detail, numerate and analytical,
- Strong IT skills incl. MS Excel & Word skills to an advanced standard,
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Salary: £22,000 - £30,000 (subject to experience)
- Hours: Full-Time, 35hrs per week
- Holiday 20 Days + Bank Holidays (+3-4 Days at Christmas)
- 3% EEs, 5% ERs Pension
- Opportunity for Study Support (subject to completion of probationary period)
If you’re interested & think you’re suitable for this opportunity, please apply online OR call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11709) on 0116 254 9404.