- Job Reference: 11059A
- Date Posted: 7 June 2019
- Recruiter: Paul Mitchell Associates
- Location: Leicestershire
- Salary: £18,000 to £24,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Pension
- Sector: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Bookkeeper/Payroll Assistant. Our client, a small firm of Chartered Accountants seeks a Bookkeeper/Payroll Assistant to join its team.
* A competent individual with ideally a circa 3 years' experience working in a busy general practice Accountants' office.
* Wanting to work 5 days per week.
* Jobs to include completion of quarterly VAT returns for a wide range of businesses and trade sectors, with an allocated portfolio of clients.
* Payroll processing for a yet determined portfolio of clients, depending on days worked to cover weekly, fortnightly and monthly paid schemes covering a wide range of business types.
* Covering for the Payroll Manager during holiday periods and working with other payroll administrators to ensure that the work gets done.
* Confident communication skills in order to liaise with the clients, advise the clients and plan your workload to best meet the deadlines as necessary.
* A good understanding of the various VAT schemes in operation, and the ability to advise clients of the changes affecting their business.
* Completion and submission of monthly CIS returns.
* Able to work on individual clients and report directly to the bookkeeping/payroll managers, whilst also flexible enough to work as part of the busy bookkeeping & payroll departments.
* Prior use of Sage Line 50, Sage Payroll & Microsoft office products is essential. Exposure to other software packages would be ideal also.
* Salary £18,000 - £24,000 depending on experience.
Paul Mitchell Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not consent to Paul Mitchell Associates contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please DO NOT apply.