11748 – Commercial Assistant (Interim) Job Spec
Location: Leicester (remote working)
We have an opportunity for an experienced Commercial Assistant to join a large specialist distribution firm based in Leicester on a full-time interim basis (minimum 2 months). This new role has come about due to an increased workload and may be extended in line with the demands of the business. Whilst the firm is based in Leicester, the role will be largely home-based and they will provide you with the equipment you need.
- Set-up & maintenance of suppliers, products & prices in line with the category plan,
- Act as first-line support for branch enquiries, supporting profitable trading
- Maintenance – and ongoing improvement – of data & content accuracy for promotional / marketing plan & activity,
- Invoice, Aged Debt & supplier rebate query resolution,
- Gathering customer, competitor & market information to support building of category factbase,
- Support the Product Group Manager in gathering, generating & analysing reports to:
- Understand our Customers, Competitors & Market and build the category fact base,
- Manage category performance (Sales, GPI and margin),
- Accurate & timely information to support Category Plan,
- Support lifecycle management of stock and ranging (SAD forms to C-list) in line with the category plan,
- To work collaboratively across multiple functions & business units.
The Right Person
- Experience with Branch Support, analysis & reporting,
- Previous product & customer administration / data entry experience is essential,
- Experience using CRM systems, MS Office Suite & Google Sheets,
- Good, reliable internet connection for remote working,
- Effective communication skills, proactive and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision,
- Excellent planning, organisation and deadline time keeping skills.
- Appointment Type: Interim, Minimum 2 Months (may be extended)
- Salary: Circa £10.50 - £13.50 per hour (£22,000 - £28,000 FTE) subject to experience
- Hours: Full-Time
- Holiday 22 Days + Bank Holidays
- Remote / Home-based Working
- Laptop / Internet Phone System Will Be Provided
If you – or someone you might know – are interested & think this opportunity may be suitable, APPLY ONLINE or call Paul Mitchell Associates (quoting ref: 11748) on 0116 254 9404.